This week in notebooks we observed two big items — a few new netbooks and Google TV. The biggest news was in the form of Google TV details and Google TV accessories from Logitech, specifically the Logitech Revue with Google TV.
The Logitech Revue is a $299 Google TV box that connects to your HDTV and to compatible cable/satellite boxes to bring together your entertainment on the Google TV platform. You can check out our look at the Logitech Revue and complementary accessories which will be available later this month.
Logitech Revue Google TV Box Hands On Video from Laptop Mag:
Next up is a collection of new netbooks, or confirmation and details of some that we already knew about including offerings from Acer and Samsung. We also learned that Acer wants to make all new dual-core netbooks dual boot which would give consumers the option of Windows 7 or Android.
New netbooks in October:
- Acer Aspire One AOD255 Dual Core Netbook w/ 8 Hour Battery Announced
- Acer Aspire One AO721 and AO521 Netbooks Updated
- Samsung NF310 Dual Core Netbook Offers HD Display at $399 Pricetag
Highlights from Notebooks.com:
- How To Watch the Major League Baseball Playoffs Online and On the Go
- Lenovo Announces 60 Million ThinkPads Sold and Optimus Powered ThinkPad T410, T410s and T510 models
- Windows Phone 7 on AT&T Announcement Coming October 11
- Blu-Ray with Built in SSD gets smaller, coming to market mid 2011
- Syncplicity Manages Files, Backups and More For Business; Solves Remote User Issues
- Free Hard Drive Cloning Tool From Intel for Intel SSD Migration
Reviews and Guides from Notebooks.com:
- Targus Zierra Case Offers Protection and a Stand for iPad
- Skype FreeTalk Wireless Headset Review: Almost Perfect For Chat & Music
- MLB At Bat 2010: iPad App of the Week
- How to embed PowerPoint or Excel Files On a Web Page or WordPress
- How to Create Your Own Signature Windows 7 PC for a Better Windows Experience
- How to Use Action Center in Windows 7
- Use TeamViewer to Control Your Computer From Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- How to Setup and Troubleshoot Printers in Windows 7
Highlights from GottaBeMobile.com:
- Inking on the iPad
- Samsung Fascinate Video 1st Look
- Swapping from one phone to another. What are your must haveâ€ apps?
- Baby Got Back-Type: Back-typing tablet keyboard from AlphaUI
- BGR: Samsung Galaxy Tab Launching on Sprint Nov 14 Subsidized at $399?
Highlights from our Friends in Tech:
- Intel’s 3rd Generation X25-M SSD Specs Revealed – AnandTech
- Tom’s Definitive 10.1″ Netbook Buyer’s Guide: Fall 2010 – Tom’s Hardware
- Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop & Netbook Editions due Oct 10; Dell first to release hardware? – SlashGear
- Firefox for Android Beta Hands-on Review – JKOnTheRun