This week Intel held the Intel Developer Forum in California at which they detailed the next generation of Intel processors and numerous technology companies shared a look at what they have been working on this year.
You can find out what consumers need to know about Intel Sandy Bridge, more on the officially launched Intel AppUp netbook app store and get a look at an Intel WiDi powered tablet. If you didn’t see it the first time around you definitely need to check out the new take on a convertible netbook tablet from Dell called the Dell Inspiron Duo with a flipping screen you can see on video below.
Our own Xavier Lanier was there, reporting for Notebooks and GottaBeMobile, with a bag of gear to bring you the latest news. You can check out Xavier’s gear bag below and hit the highlights for the biggest gadget, notebook and tablet news this week.
Highlights from Notebooks.com:
- First Look at iOS 4.2 for the iPad from Apple Insider – Video and details on how iOS 4.2 handles on the iPad
- Internet Explorer 9 Beta: Enjoying the Beauty of the Web – Detailed look at what’s new in IE 9
- Wal-Mart Family Mobile: Cheap Unlimited Voice and Text Plans – $45 unlimited talk and text – powered by T-Mobile
- How To Take Better HDR Photos With iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS with TrueHDR – Take better pics with your iPhone
- DisplayLink SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Can Handle Dual 1080P Displays Over USB – One USB 3.0 port pushes HD to two displays!
Reviews from Notebooks.com:
- Carbonite Backup Review – Simple, affordable and reliable
- NFL Sunday Ticket iPad App Review – Could be better, but still a decent mobile solution for catching the game
Highlights from GottaBeMobile.com:
- Mobile Phone Battery Life Claims Close, Why Can’t PC Companies Be Honest? – Editorial on inflated notebook battery stats
- IDF 2010: Fourth Graders + Convertible Classmate PCs = Magic – A look at the new Classmate PC from IDF
- How to Fine Tune Handwriting Recognition on Windows 7 Tablet PCs – Guide for tweaking handwriting in Windows 7
- AMD Fuses Processor & GPU, Shipping Next Year – GPU and CPU in one chip to challenge discrete graphics
- Fujitsu Lifebook T900 is my NEW Tablet PC (sort of) – Sumocat gets a new Tablet to test out, this time on long-term loan
- WeTab Looks Like a Winner (video demos) – Video of the impressive WeTab Tablet
Highlights from our Friends in Tech:
- Hands on with the new HP Mini 210 at Liliputing – impressions of the recently refreshed Mini 210
- Carriers can’t charge extra for tethering on Windows Phone 7 from Mobile Crunch – Supports USB tethering but no extra fee.
- Intel plans 15nm Atom Processor on SlashGear – Preview of Intel’s Atom plan