Apple’s iPhone 4 Case Program went live today. The program provides a free iPhone 4 Bumper or qualifying case to all iPhone 4 customers who purchase the device before September 30, 2010. Additionally, anyone who previously purchased an iPhone 4 Bumper from Apple or AT&T can apply for a full refund, including any taxes or shipping fees. The program, which is Apple’s response to the ongoing iPhone 4 reception issue, was announced at Apple’s iPhone 4 Press Conference.
- Download the iPhone 4 Case Program app from the App Store.
- Launch the app on your iPhone 4.
- Sign in using your iTunes Store account or Apple ID.
- Select a Bumper or qualifying case from the list.
That’s it. Pretty cut and dry. Again, keep in mind that this program is available for everyone who purchases an iPhone 4 prior to September 30, 2010 and applies for the program within 30 days of purchase. If you purchased an iPhone before today (July 23, 2010), you must apply for the program no later than August 22, 2010.
How To Get a Refund for Your iPhone 4 Bumper Purchase
If you already purchased an iPhone 4 Bumper, Apple will provide you with a full refund. Here’s what to do if you purchased an iPhone 4 Bumper from:
Apple’s Online Store:
- If purchased with a credit card, you will be refunded automatically. Apple claims it may take up to one billing cycle for the refund to appear.
- If purchased with a gift card, Apple will mail you a new one for the refund amount.
- If purchased with a credit card, you will be automatically refunded.
- If purchased with cash or gift card, return to the store with your receipt to get your refund.
An AT&T Store:
Fill out this rebate coupon and mail it to Apple by September 30, 2010.
Still Not Happy?
In addition to the Bumper or Case offering and refunds, Apple is still offering refunds on returned iPhone 4s.
“If you are not completely satisfied with your iPhone 4, you can return your undamaged iPhone 4 to any Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. If you purchased your iPhone 4 from AT&T, you can also return it to an AT&T store.” – Apple
While you are twiddling your thumbs for the 2-4 weeks before you receive your Bumper or case, Apple has supplied some resources to help you feel better about your defective hardware purchase. Check out all of the other devices that suffer from the same problem as the iPhone 4, as well as pictures of Apple’s ridiculous testing facility.