This week the big tech news centered around the Back to School Season with many deals and promotions appearing to help students find a good deal on a back to school notebook. We also have a guide to getting the best deal on back to school software.We also began to see reviews and hands on videos making appearances online as the new notebooks make their way to the web.
Highlights from Notebooks:
- Hands on with the HP Pavilion dv6z – Our first impressions of this recently refreshed AMD powered notebook.
- Apple Releases the Magic Trackpad – New multitouch mousing surface is 80% larger than the MacBook Pro trackpad.
- iHome ip46 Portable Audio System for the iPod and iPhone Reviewed – Kevin Purcell puts this portable system to the test and comes away impressed.
- HP EliteBook 2540p Hands On – Xavier gets hands on with this professional grade notebook from HP.
- Apple: Legally Jailbreaking iPhones Still Voids Warranty – Even though Jailbreaking is ruled legal, it still violates your Apple warranty.
Highlights from GottaBeMobile:
- Continuing with the iPad: Four Months in and Counting – Warner covers his use of the iPad since launch
- iPad Stylus Query – A look at the numerous stylus options that have appeared.
- Voice2Note for Evernote: Live Evaluation – Xavier begins a 30-day live and public trialÂ ofÂ Voice2Note transcription for Evernote.
- Some, erÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ Difficulties in Augen Tablet Land – Not everything is right with the $150 Android Tablet from KMart
Highlights from other tech blogs:
- How to Turn Your Android Phone into a Fully-Automated SuperPhone – Lifehacker
- Magic TrackPad Review – SlashGear
- Hands on with the 11.6″ Toshiba T210 – NetBookNews
- Blu-Ray 3D on Your Laptop with PowerDVD 10? – LaptopThoughts
Notebooks.com Week in Review column is a new weekly feature on Notebooks.com andÂ GottaBeMobile which highlights the big news of the week in an easy to digest form. You’ll find the most important tech news that matters to you in the links below as well as a short summary of big happenings in the technology world.