Toshiba just announced its new entertainment laptops, the Satellite A665 and Satellite M645. Both laptops are a healthy blend of style and performance. Toshiba’s new Satellite notebooks have a new exterior design and have several features geared towards gaming, movie and music enthusiasts.
At the top end of the new line is the Satellite A665 3D edition, which enables an immersive 3D gaming experience. Select models have WiDi, a technology that makes it possible to stream content wirelessly to an HDTV. Audio output to both headphones and home entertainment systems is enhanced thanks to Dolby Advanced Audio.
Satellite A665 and M645
The Satellite A665 and the Satellite M645 both sport an all-new durable finish, known as the Fusion X2 finish. This new finish is composed of a textured surface that covers the outer cover and the palm rests. The edge of this textured surface has a glossy trim.
The Satellite A665 starts at $799.99 while the Satellite M645 will start at $729.99. They both will be available June 20th at major retailers and toshibadirect.com. Additional specs and configurations are available at laptops.toshiba.com/satellite/A665 and laptops.toshiba.com/satellite/M645.
Other Shared Features:
- Premium raised-tile keyboards
- Wide multi-touch touchpads
- TruBrite HD LED backlit widescreen displays (14″ or 16″ options)
- Toshiba Sleep-and-Music – Allows users to play music through the laptops’ premium speakers, even when the laptop is powered down. Plug an MP3 player into the microphone jack and hit play.
- Resolution+ DVD Upconversion – Upconverts Standard-definition movies, instantly improving sharpness and color to produce a picture that is closer to HD.
- NVIDIA Optimus Technology
- Harmon/Kardon Stereo Speakers
- Dolby Advanced Audio – Allows the audio signal to be expanded to 6.1 or 7.1-channel playback for surround sound performance using a home theater system and the laptop’s HDMI port.
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, and AMD Phenom II Quad Core processors
- DDR3 Ram
- 7200RPM Hard Drives
- NVIDIA GeForce 310M and GeForce GT330M graphics Processors
- Intel Wireless Display
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Slot-loading DVD drives and Blu-ray Disc drives
Toshiba Satellite A665 3D Edition
The Satellite A665 is the US version of the Japanese Dynabook that was announced last week. The 3D edition of the Satellite A665 supports Blu-ray 3D content. The Satellitete A665 comes with a pair of active-shutter NVIDIA 3D glasses. The A665 3D edition starts at $1599.99 and will be available June 20th at select retailers and toshibadirect.com.
A665 3D Edition Features:
- 15.6-inch HD TruBrite LED Backlit widescreen 120Hz display
- Intel Core i7-740QM quad-core processor with TurboBoost technology
- 4GB DDR3 RAM
- 640GB HDD
- NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM
- NVIDIA 3D Visionâ„¢ kit with active shutter 3D glasses
- Blu-ray Disc Rewriteable (RE) and DVD SuperMulti drive with LabelFlash
- harman/kardon stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio
- TouchPad with Multi-touch Control
- Built-in Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition
- HDMI out Port
- One eSATA/USB combo port with Toshiba USB Sleep-and-Charge and three USB 2.0 ports
- 12-cell battery
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- WiFi (802.11b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Toshiba Hard Drive Impact Sensor
- Microphone port with Toshiba Sleep-and-Music
- 5-in-1 Memory Card Reader and ExpressCard slots