MSI has announced a collection of new F Series laptops running the new 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor which was unveiled at CES 2011. These new laptops, the MSI FX700, FX603 and FX400 models are new and were not included in the MSI announcements made at CES in early January.
In all four new laptop models are now available for purchase:
- MSI FX700 – 17.3″ desktop replacement starts at $1,049
- MSI FX603 – 15.6″ multimedia laptop that starts at $949
- MSI FX400-062US – 14″ portable, yet powerful laptop, starts at $949
- MSI FX400-063US – 14″ portable, yet powerful laptop, starts at $849
The new MSI F Series notebooks make use of an anti-fingerprint texture, shown on the lid above, and all use the new 2nd Gen Intel Core i5-480 processor except the FX400-063US which uses the 2nd Gen Intel Core i3-380 to deliver a more affordable pricepoint.
Notable features on the MSI F Series include:
- Easy power management with MSI’s Exclusive Turbo Drive Engine (TDE) Technology: TDE’s efficient, real-time data processing enhances the system performance, specifically video decoding/encoding, gaming, and design, resulting in fast response time. MSI’s GPU Boost Technology provides automatic graphics switching, so when processing high load graphics applications, the GPU Boost technology switches to the discrete graphics card for powerful performance to maximize your multimedia entertainment experience.
- NVIDIA® GeForce® with DDR3 1G VRAM: The FX700 and FX603 feature the NVIDIA GeForce GT425M graphics card, providing a visually-charged boost to your favorite games and applications with NVIDIA PhysX, NVIDIA 3D Vision, and NVIDIA Optimus technologies. The FX400 units feature the NVIDIA Geforce GT325M to provide greater depth and richness to images.
- Fast Data Transfer Speeds: The FX700 and the FX603 feature two USB 3.0 ports, delivering data transfer that can reach rates of up to 4.8GB per second, 10 times the bandwidth of USB 2.0. The two FX400 notebooks feature MSI Power eSATA, which is six times faster in transferring data than normal USB ports.
- THX TruStudio Pro Surround Sound: MSI and the experts in sound design technology at Creative worked together to integrate THX TruStudio Pro into the F-series notebooks,, to help people experience surround sound similar to a live performance, feature film or recording studio. The FX700 and FX603 also feature Dynaudio premium sound technology to pack high fidelity sound technology into the notebooks, optimizing the multimedia experience.
The new MSI notebooks are available for purchase from Newegg and Amazon for well below retail. The FX400-063US is available at $699, the FX400-062US is available for $799, and the FX603-019US can be purchased for $799. The FX700 is available for purchase direct from MSI.