Samsung is launching a volley of back to school notebooks in the Series 9 collection of notebooks. The new Series 9 notebooks come in both 11.6″ and 13.3″ models, with five distinct models.
Samsung’s new Series 9 notebooks start at a much more palatable $1,049 for the 11.6″ model and $1,349 for the 13.3″ model. Samsung has taken lessons from the initial launch, though the prices are still $50 more than the comparable MacBook Air models. For more on the similarities, check out our MacBook Air vs. Series 9 showdown.
The Samsung Series 9 notebooks make use of the new Intel Sandy Bridge ULV processors, which deliver a speedy system without devastating battery life. These new processors are likely the same ones you will see in the new MacBook Air notebooks that are expected to launch as early as July 19th.
Hands On with the Samsung 9 Series at CES 2011
Starting in August you will be able to find the 11.6″ Series 9 models at Samsung and other retailers. You can purchase the 13.3″ Samsung Series 9 notebooks starting today.
Key 11” Specs (2 models):
- · NP900X1B-A02US: $1,049 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 2357M, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 64GB SSD)
- · NP900X1B-A01US: $1,249 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 2357M, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD)
Key 13.3” Specs (3 models):
- · NP900X3A-B01US: $1,349 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 2467M; 4GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD)
- · NP900X3A-B02US: $1,649 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 2467M; 4GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD)
- · NP900X3A-A05US: $2,049 MSRP (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 2617M; 6GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD)
The Samsung Series 9 notebooks won our Best Premium Thin & Light award at CES 2011, but high prices and stiff competition from Apple have limited the appeal. With the lower prices on these back to school models Samsung has a chance at attracting far more purchases.