The HP ENVY 17 3D, a large and in charge addition to the HP ENVY line of notebooks is finally available for purchase. The HP ENVY 17 3D delivers a 3D experience on the go with glasses. The ENVY 17 3D was first announced back in August alongside the HP ENVY 14 Beats.
The new HP ENVY 17 3D comes with an Intel Core i7 quad-core processor, ATI Mobility Radeon graphics and numerous hard drive choices as well as the 17.3″ Ultra Brightview display running a 1920 x 1080 resolution. The notebook, like the rest of the ENVY line comes with Beats audio. The ENVY 17 3D has a claimed battery life of 2.5 hours on the standard battery or 3.75 hours with the optional 9-cell.
You can see a video of the ENVY 17 3D shot at the product announcement below:
The ENVY 17 3D starts at $1,599 and is up for order today. You can win one of the new ENVY 17 3D notebooks by checking out the HP ENVY 17 3d giveaway at gdgt. All you need to do is have a gdgt account connected to Facebook or Twitter and add the ENVY 17 3D to your “want” list.
HP ENVY 17 3D Specs:
- An Intel Core i7 quad core processor with Turbo Boost Technology
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- A smooth, edge-to-edge 17.3″ (diagonal) 1080p Full HD screen with super-sharp 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Shutter glasses for 3D viewing
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 graphics with 1GB of ultrafast DDR5 VRAM and DirectX 11 support for best 3D game performance
- A slot-loading Blu-ray ROM drive for high-def Blu-ray viewing and traditional read/write on DVDs and CDs5
- 6GB DDR3 system memory (expandable to 8GB)
- A dual hard drive up to 2TB (or optional Solid State drive flash module
- HP ProtectSmart, which detects if your laptop is dropped and automatically locks the hard drive to prevent data loss
- An island-style, backlit keyboard with numeric keypad and oversized clickpad
- A 6-cell Lithium-Ion battery (up to 2.5 hours), or upgrade to a 9-cell (up to 3.75 hours)
- Intel Wireless-N Wi-Fiwith Bluetooth
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- An HDMI 1.3c port for connecting a monitor or HD TV
- A Mini-Display port for connecting a super HD display
- Three USB 2.0 ports (one is shared with the high-speed eSATA combo port)
- A 5-in-1 digital media card reader