This week was a big week for fall releases with announcements from Apple, HP, Samsung, Microsoft, Gmail, Nvidia and more. In addition to new products and technology we also shared reviews and first looks at a number of items and found some cool news to boot.
Fall 2010 Consumer Electronic Launch Announcements:
- iPod Shuffle Buttons are back, Clip Still there, 15 hours music playback and VoiceOver. The iPod Shuffle will run $49.
- iPod Nano ClickWheel Gone, multitouch display in as well as a clip, 24 hours battery life, smaller and lighter. The 8GB model is $149 and the 16GB is $179.
- iPod Touch An iPhone without the Contractâ€ Steve Jobs
- Apple TV – $99 HD streaming box to deliver content,including 99 cent HD TV show rentals, to your TV.
- iTunes 10 and Ping – iTunes gets a new Logo, makeover and Apple launches a social music discovery network.
- Game Center Another part of the iOS 4.1 update, Game Center makes it easy for developers to allow users to play against eachother in games on iDevices.
HP announces Fall Notebook Lineup:
- HP ENVY 14 BEATS Edition Announced W/ BEATS Styling & Headphones – Available today for $1,249
- HP Envy 17 Goes 3D – Available Holiday ’10 for around $1,500 – $1,600
- HP Mini 210 with an Optional Atom N550 and Colorful New Designs – Available today for $329
- HP Mini 5103 Business Class Netbook Gains Dual Core Atom N550 – New faster processor, starts at $399
- HP Pavilion dm3 Updated With CoolSense Cooling Technology – New cooling tech in this small notebook form HP starting at $549
- HP Wireless TV Connect, Uninterrupted Wireless HD Streaming – Technology to Wirelessly Stream HD from any notebook with an HDMI port to an HDTV, available in October for $199.
Samsung announces Fall Notebook Lineup and Galaxy Tablet:
- Samsung NF110, NF210 and NF310 Details and Pricing Released – new styling and dual core processor options and a 14 hour battery on the NF210
- Samsung RF Series Powerhouse Notebooks for Gaming and Multimedia – Power and Style with many extras
- Samsung SF510 and SF Series Details And Pricing Announced – Same curved design of the NF netbooks with a 7 hour battery life
- Samsung QX410 Delivers NVIDIA Optimus, WiMax and Long Battery Life – Thin 14″ notebook that packs in a lot of cool tech.
Samsung Galaxy Tablet Debuts – 7″ Android 2.2 (FroYo) tablet announced at teh IFA in Berlin with hands on videos.
Other major announcements:
- NVIDIA Announces GeForce 400M Series Notebook GPUs – Powerful mobile GPUs with Optimus and more for Holidays ’10
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse with Touch and Morphing Shape – Arcs for use and folds flat for travel, complete with a touch sensitive strip for scrolling
- Pogoplug Web Printing, Wireless Access and Pogoplug Biz – The Business oriented PogoPlug Biz is announced and new options for all PogoPlug users.
- Gmail Priority Inbox Detects Important Messages, Saves Time – New way to manage your Gmail is perfect for those who are crushed under an avalanche of email daily.
Highlights from Notebooks.com:
- How to Watch and Listen to NFL Games on the Go – Stay in the loop on your notebook or smartphone
- How To: Reduce Monthly Data Consumption on Your Smartphone By Switching Browsers – Stay under your data cap with this simple switch.
- Review: OtterBox iPad Defender Series Case (Editor’s Choice) – Can handle a drop, with video.
- Samsung R440 Hands On and First Impressions (Video) – First look at a new notebook from Samsung
- Skype Freetalk Wireless Headset First Impressions (Video) – We go hands on with a wireless Skype headset
Highlights from GottaBeMobile.com:
- Pinky Out Will No Doubt Be the Key To Non-iPad Tablet/Slate Success – The true measure of sucess lies in the pinky, according to Warner.
- Twitter for iPad Pushes New Metaphor – New Twitter app for the iPad is released
- ARCHOS drops five Android tablets on an unsuspecting public – Yep, that’s five new tablets in one announcement.
- HP’s CTO tweets photo of prototypesâ€¦ sort of – Look at that cool black square, and that rectangle on his wrist. Is he Dick Tracy?