This week we saw there was plenty of news about the Motorola Droid 2, including a review roundup and issues with Flash. We also heard from a VP at HP confirming a webOS tablet coming early next year. This is of course in addition to plenty of news about notebooks and netbooks.
One of the highlights of the week was a look at the best notebooks and netbooks for Middle and HighSchool students heading back to school this fall that covers everything from basic homework up to the creative child looking to go pro at an early age.
Highlights from Notebooks.com:
- Google and Verizon Team to Launch Chrome OS tablet on Black Friday – Rumors point to a Google Tablet in the near future.
- Toshiba Portege R705 Review: The Affordable Ultraportable – The Toshiba Portege R705 wins an Editor’s Choice award, read the full review to find out why.
- Acer Aspire One D255 With Android Unboxed on Video – The Android/Windows 7 dual boot netbook gets unboxed by NetbookNews.
- Asus Blames iPad for Loss of Sales – Netbook sales are down, Asus blames the iPad for the company’s misfortune.
- Save at BestBuy With the Shopkick App – New iPhone app rewards shoppers for walking into the store and more.
Highlights from GottaBeMobile.com:
- Novatel MiFi: The Most Important Gadget in my Mobile Arsenal – Xavier names his most useful gadget.
- Tech Companies Bend Definitions – A look at how Unlimited and other terms never really mean what they say in tech advertisements.
- GottaHaveFMRadio: Should FM be mandatory in mobile devices? – A look at whether or note FM radio should be a mandatory cell phone feature for the sake of public safety.
- Enhance your Evernote experience with custom shortcuts – How to boost your Evernote productivity with taskbar shortcuts.
- WritePad for iPad Update Now Uses Dropbox – Writepad is, according to Warner Crocker, “one of the better Digital Ink note taking apps out there,” for the iPad and now it can sync notes using DropBox.
Highlights from our Friends in Tech:
- 3 Reasons Google Should Make its own Tablets – JK On The Run – Good thoughts on why Google should be the one building Chrome and Android tablets.
- Samsung Q430-11 Reviewed: Great Performance, No Endurance – Laptop Mag – A look at how this 14″ powerhouse handles.
- Exclusive: T-Mobile G2 in the wild! – Engadget gets pics of the T-Mobile G2, the company’s first HSPA+ phone – including it’s interesting slide up and back screen.
- Samsung X125 AMD-powered ultraportable gets the video review treatment – Liliputing points us to a review of the new Samsung netbook from a fashion blog in the Netherlands.
- Tab sync code on its way to Google Chrome – Download Squad – Soon, you’ll be able to sync your open tabs between computers on Chrome without any add-ons.