The Game Center was one of the major updates in the new iOS 4.1 that was released September 8, along with some bug fixes and HDR for the camera app. Game Center will let users join together to as they play these titles and share scores, actual game play in multiplayer mode, or invite friends to play.
The 18 initial titles include some enjoyable games. So what is available?
- Adrenaline Golf Online mini golf in interesting environments for $4.99 (3 1/2 stars)
- Canon Challenge 2 a war game with tanks for $2.99 (unrated)
- Cocoto Magic Circus port of a Wii shooter game for $3.99 (4 stars)
- Cro-Mag Rally prehistoric racing game for $2.99 (3 1/2 stars)
- Enigma 2 space puzzle game for $2.99 (3 1/2 stars)
- Field Runners the Tetris and Bejeweled of the Tower Defense genreâ€ for $2.99 (4 stars)
- Farmville grow virtual crops for Free (3 stars)
- Flight Control land your plans without running into one another for $.99 (4 stars)
- GraalOnline Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing game with a retro look for $1.99 (4 stars)
- Isaac Newton’s Gravity a puzzle game with gravity as the enemy for $2.99 (3 1/2 stars)
- Megaplex Madness Now Playing Run your own movie theater in this sim game for $2.99 (unrated)
- Nanosaur 2 fly your dinosaur around and shoot things in a 3D environment for $3.99 (3 1/2 stars)
- Pac-Man the classic arcade game for $4.99 (3 1/2 stars)
- Real Racing an auto racing game for $4.99 (4 stars)
- Touchgrind ride your skateboard with your fingers for $4.99 (4 1/2 stars)
- WordsWorth a word puzzle game for $1.99 (3 1/2 stars)
- Worldy Wings fly around different worlds exploring and fighting off bad guys for $1.99 (4 1/2 stars)
- Zen Bound 2 Universal this puzzle game helps you get your zen on for $2.99 (3 1/2 stars)
These are mostly casual games and none are rated below 3 1/2 stars nor are they over $5. The apps that are unrated do not have enough App store ratings to come up with a dependable average.