Later today Steve Jobs will take the stage at Apple’s Back to Mac event where we expect to hear about a new MacBook Air and updates to OSX. Here are a collection of rumors that are likely to be confirmed at today’s event.
- Update to the 13.3″ MacBook Air model with an SSD and new design.
- Announcement of a new 11.6″ MacBook Air model which is hopefully cheaper than the existing line of MacBook Air notebooks.
- Small update to the MacBook Pro line. Perhaps newer graphics or processor bumps, which we hope includes Core i3 in the 13.3″ MacBook Pro.
- Announcement of Apple OSX 10.7, but not likely available for a few months.
- Updates to iLife including Garageband ’11, iPhoto ’11 and iMovie ’11.
- Announcement of partnership with Starbucks to offer free eBooks and music in stores.
- More details on iOS 4.2 for the iPhone and iPad.
Those are the big predictions for today. We keep hearing more about a Verizon iPhone, but unless Jobs has a really, really big “one more thing” we don’t expect to hear about a Verizon iPhone today.
We will be covering the event, but if you want to watch it yourself it appears that Apple will be streaming it live again.