Apple has released an update to their MobileMe iDisk app. In addition to improvements for the iPhone and iPod Touch, iPad compatibility has been added.
Apple’s free MobileMe iDisk app is now designed to run on all iOS devices. In addition to the iPad compatibility, there are a number of substantial improvements for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. Multitasking has been added, allowing the user to quickly switch back and forth from another app as well as play audio while using another app. Other improvements include:
- App displays the last file viewed upon launch
- Ability to open iDisk documents in compatible apps
- Files can be sent via any configured email address
- Various stability improvements
Though the app is free, the service is not. Apple’s MobileMe service costs $99/year. MobileMe contains many features, aside from iDisk, that are very productive. A MobileMe subscription gains you access to:
- Ad-free email, calendar, and contacts that sync with all your devices
- Find My iPhone – helps you locate your iPhone or iPad on a map, display a message, and erase all of your data remotely
- Gallery – allows you to share photos and videos from anywhere
- Access to Me.com
Download the MobileMe iDisk app for your iPhone or iPad, today.