If you use the Twitter mobile website to share links on your Windows Mobile Phone you may find the process of shortening a long link inconvenient. Now, instead of visiting several webpages to shorten a link you can use ShortenMobile from xda-developers to automatically shorten long links for easy sharing on Twitter.
ShortenMobile is a free Windows Mobile application which watches the clipboard of the device and automatically shortens the urls for you. The application can be set to run at startup and hides in the background.
Shorten Mobile currently offers shortening url services from below services:
How to Install and use ShortenMobile:
- Download ShortenMobilesetup from xda-developers.
- Install the cab file.
- Open ShortenMobile from start menu.
- Activate the switch “Run at start up”.
- Click on hide-softkey.
- Copy any url (including “https://” at the beginning) to the clipboard.
- The shortened url is available in the clipboard after the confirmation dialog has been shown.
Please note that in order to use ShortenMobile on your Windows Mobile device, you should have Microsoft .NET compact framework 3.5 installed. Microsoft .NET framework is free to download and install.
Source and Photo-credit: xda-devlopers.com