Over the last few months, since the iPad was announced, we’ve seen a lot of companies coming out with tablets. In fact, tablets are arguably one of the hottest gadgets on the market today! Now Neofonie, from Germany, has also joined the tablet race by announcing their WePad tablet. Based on the specs of the WePad, and the name, it’s clear that Neofonie wants to compete with the iPad.
Neofonie’s Wepad might look similar to iPad but there are lot of hardware differences. The WePad comes with an 11.6 inch display, 1366×768 display resolution, 1.66 GHz Intel processor, webcam, touch screen, 6 hours battery life and support for Flash support and Java. They are also opening a Wepad app store to make it easy for users to buy and install apps.
If you’re excited about the WePad, there’s already a Facebook fanpage you can join.
NeoFonie WePad specification:
• Display: 11.6 inch
• Resolution: 1366×768 pixels
• Processor: 1.66 GHz Intel processor
• Port/Card reader: 2 usb 2.0 port, 3-in-1 cardreader
• Multimedia support: flash and java support
• Webcam: Yes
• Application: WePad application store and Google android marketplace
• Battery life: up to 6 hours of browsing internet
NeoFonie has also given a table with comparison of ipad side by side.
For more information on Wepad please see Neofonie’s WePad feature list in PDF format. Please note that this pdf is in German language.