This week the news that RIM is launching the Blackberry Torch 9800 as the company’s new flagship phone was front and center, though we’ll have to wait to see how it stacks up to the current crop of Android devices and the iPhone 4. Also released this week was JoliCloud 1.0, a netbook specific operating system that can be installed right alongside Windows and provides a cloud oriented computing experience.
And now, time for the highlights from across the tech blogosphere.
Highlights from Notebooks.com:
- iPhone 4 Review – Kevin Purcell Looks at how the iPhone handles as a productivity tool, and as an entertainment device.
- MeeGo Chosen to Power In Vehicle Infotainment – We Talk to Jim Zemlin of The Linux Foundation about the news and find out where else you can find Linux in your life.
- Must Have Back to School Applications and Services – A look at the tools students need to have as they prepare for another semester.
- HP Pavilion dv6z review – Quad Core at a Bargain – Find out what this $800 Quad Core machine can do.
- How to Speed up Your Notebook for One More School Year – A look at cheap and easy ways to speed up your notebook to get a little extra life with a special deal on System Mechanic.
Highlights from GottaBeMobile.com:
- Pick Up an Extra 250MB on DropBox – How to get extra storage on Dropbox by watching a quick tutorial.
- HP eStation Zeen: Slate? Android tablet? Or something more? – Speculation on what’s happening with an HP consumer tablet.
- Motorola and Verizon Teaming Up for a Tablet? – Will Verizon come to market with a TV enabled tablet that can tap into it’s FIOS TV service?
- Windows Phone 7 Coming in October, Game Not Overâ€ – Microsoft claims that this October the company will be back in the mobile phone game.
Highlights from our Friends in Tech:
- Windows 7 takes on iPad… and holds its own? – SlashGear – Tablet showdown on video
- Clear iSpot – 4G Hotspot for iOS – jkOnTheRun – Hotspot made just for the iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone coems with a lower monthly fee.
- Chrome Device By Years End Claims Eric Schmidt – NetbookNews – There you have it, a Chrome OS netbook should come yet this year.
- nPower PEG Kinetic Charger Juices Your Devices While You Move – Gizmodo – Turn your power into gadget power.