If you’re looking for the important news in notebooks, netbooks, tablets and gadgets this week you came to the right place. Notebooks.com Week in Review column is a new weekly feature on Notebooks.com and GottaBeMobile which highlights the big news of the week in an easy to digest form. You’ll find the most important tech news that matters to you in the links below as well as a short summary of big happenings in the technology world.
For the Week of July 16th the big news is the iPhone 4 and the reception problems that have plagued a collection of vocal users. The building anger burst forth this week with many publications calling for an iPhone 4 recall after Consumer Reports confirmed and then called on Apple to fix the reception problem so that consumers don’t have to. The iPhone 4 drama continues today when Apple will be holding a press conference to address the concerns of consumers.
Highlights from Notebooks:
- Toshiba R705 Unboxing and Hands On – Video of the new ultraportable and affordable notebook from Toshiba.
- Back To School Notebooks and Gadgets From Sony – New notebooks and gadgets from Sony that are fit for the dorm.
- Jolicloud 1.0 Hands On Video – New release of this designed for the netbook operating system impresses.
- Evernote Trunk Announced – Collection of useful tools that can connect to Evernote and provide additional functionality
- Virgin Mobile BroadBand2Go USB Adapter Review – A look at how this affordable pre-paid mobile broadband setup works.
Highlights from GottaBeMobile:
- GBM Shortcut: Note Taker HD Brings Ink to iPad – Video review of a new Ink enabled iPad note taker app.
- Why wait for a Windows 7 slate when you can get one now? – Collection of Windows 7 slates for thsoe who are as “hardcore” about tablets as Microsoft.
- Smaller iPads with OLED? Don’t bank on it. – Sumocat weighs in on the likelihood of a smaller OLED powered iPad this fall.
- Brando Folding Bluetooth Keyboard – Warner points us towards a rollable, portable bluetooth keyboard fit for the iPhone and iPad crowd.
Top tech news from around the web:
- Google Android tablets to get Android Market access soon? – Liliputing
- Review of the Alienware M11x Gaming Notebook with Optimus – Laptop Mag
- Droid X and HTC EVO 4G Head-toHead – JKOnTheRUn
- iMo Monster 10″ Touch USB Monitor Review -SlashGear
- How well does the HP Pavilion dm1z handle gaming (video) – NetBookNews.com