ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“Through the combination of our recent processor and chipset launches and the Better by Design program, AMD is constantly establishing new heights of competitiveness in serving the needs of our notebook customers,ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ said Chris Cloran, vice president, AMD Notebook Division. ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“With the unveiling of the ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“PumaÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ mobile platform weÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re sending a clear signal to the market that we intend to drive continued innovation in notebook computing in 2008 and beyond.ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚
Notebooks based on the Puma platform are expected to be available in the mid-2008 timeframe.
New notebook processing innovations in ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“GriffinÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ include:
- power optimized HyperTransport and memory controllers integrated in the processor silicon that operate on a separate power plane as the processor cores, thereby enabling the cores to go into reduced power states;
- dynamic performance scaling offers enhanced battery life with reduced power consumption through separate voltage planes enabling each core to operate at independent frequency and voltage; and
- power-optimized HyperTransport 3.0 with a more than tripling of peak I/O bandwidth, plus new power features including dynamic scaling of link widths.
ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“RS780ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ Platform Technology
- Motherboard DirectX 10 graphics processing
- Energy efficient high-definition multimedia support with the Unified Video Decoder
- Integrated multi-monitor support with DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort
- Native southbridge support for NAND flash with HyperFlash
- PowerXpress for dynamic switching between integrated and discrete graphics to extend battery life