Panasonic introduced the Panasonic Toughbook S9, a 12.1″ business rugged notebook that weighs 3 pounds and includes an integrated DVD drive. The Toughbook S9 is a member of the Toughbook line of notebooks which can handle the falls and the accidents of frequent travel and business use.
The Toughbook S9 is powered by a 2.4GHz Intel Core i5-520M v-Pro processor, 2GB DDR3 RAM and a 320GB shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive. The 12.1″ display has a 1280 x 800 resolution and an anti-glare screen as well as Gobi2000 mobile broadband. The Toughbook S9 has a battery life rated at 11 hours with the standard battery.
Toughbook S9 Video Walkthrough:
When it comes to durability the Toughbook S9 is designed to withstand falls and spills with a keyboard that can withstand a spill of up to 6 ounces and a fall rating of 30″ to the base of the machine. In addition, the S9 is rated to withstand a drop of up to 1 foot from any angle based on the MIL-STD-810G drop procedure. Finally, the notebook is rate to handle up to 220lbs of pressure which should prevent damage that may occur to consumer notebooks in an overhead bin.
As for security, the Panasonic Toughbook S9 includes Computrace theft protection in the BIOS, Intel Anti-Theft technology, trusted platform module security (chip version 1.2), a lock cable slot and fingerprint reader.
The Panasonic Toughbook S9 includes a 3-year warranty and is available starting today from Panasonic resellers and distributors with a street price of $2,499.
Panasonic Toughbook® S9: Select Features and Specifications
- Genuine Windows 7® (with XP downgrade option)
- Intel® Coreâ„¢ i5-520M vProâ„¢ Processor (2.4 GHz) with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz, 3MB Intel Smart Cache
- 320GB shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive
- 2GB RAM (DDR3), expandable to 6GB
- 12.1â€ widescreen WXGA (1280 x 800) LCD display with LED backlighting
- Anti-glare screen treatment
- Up to 11 hours of battery life with standard battery (MobileMark)
- 3.0 lbs
- DVD super multi-drive
- HDMI and VGA video outputs
- Optional Integrated Security Features: Fingerprint reader
- 11.1â€ (H) x 8.3â€ (W) x 0.9-1.5â€ (D)
- o 30â€ operating drop (to base only)
- o 26 sides 12â€ drop (non-operating)
- o 220 lb compression-resistant
- o Magnesium alloy case
- o Spill-resistant keyboard/touchpad (protects against 6 ounces spills)
- Embedded Connectivity
- o Optional integrated WWAN / Gobi2000â„¢ mobile broadband (EV-DO and HSPA)
- o Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200 802.11a/b/g/n
- o Bluetooth® v2.1 + EDR (class 2)
- o Gigabit Ethernet