Laptop Magazine recently got the chance to review Alienware’s newest gaming notebook, the Alienware M11x. Being touted as the “most portable gaming notebook ever”, the M11x packs a lot of power in a small form factor. Here are some things that stood out from Laptop Magazine’s review.
The new Alienware M11x is very similar to the previous model. The two main changes are the inclusion of NVIDIA’s Optimus technology and an Intel Core i7 processor. The NVIDIA Optimus technology enables the notebook to seamlessly switch between discrete and integrated graphics, automatically. On the previous model, this switch had to be made by the person operating the notebook.
Additionally, the eye catching design of the M11x received attention. The M11x review unit that Laptop Magazine received was all black with the lid being coated with a soft rubber finish. They noted that the interior deck does not show fingerprints, but the glossy bezel does. The most notable feature about the design of the M11x is the accent lights. The front of the laptop has two honeycomb shaped lights which can be customized to glow a variety of colors. The glowing Alienware logo beneath the display and backlit keyboard are customizable as well.
- Performance – The Intel Core i7 processor earned the new M11X a higher PCMark Vantage score.
- Graphics – Higher 3DMark 06 scores and intelligent switching thanks to NVIDIA’s Optimus technology
- Battery Life – While the new model is able to reach just past the 5 hour mark, it falls 2 hours short of the previous Intel Core2Duo model.
- Keyboard – Narrow keyboard, but responsive keys were a plus.
- Heat/fan Noise – Too hot to hold on lap while gaming and a loud fan running to dissipate all the heat.
For more information about the Alienware M11x, including images, detailed specs and benchmarks check out Laptop Magazine’s full M11X review.
The Alienware M11x is currently available from Dell, starting at $1,174. It is available in Soft Touch Stealth Black or Lunar Shadow color schemes.
Alienware M11X with Optimus specs:
- 11.6-inch display (1366×768 resolution)
- 1.2 GHz Intel Core i7-640UM processor
- 4GB of RAM (Up to 8GB)
- 500GB HDD
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M with 1GB of VRAM
- Ports: USB, DisplayPort, Ethernet, ExpressCard/34, FireWire 400, HDMI, card reader
- 4.6 lbs
Via Laptop Magazine