Maybe you have heard? Facebook watches where you are surfing on the Internet. But, you can turn it off. Unfortunately, you will have to turn it off if you don’t want them following you around the web. Here is how to do that;
- Log into Facebook.
- Click on the Account drop down box in the upper right corner.
- Click on Privacy Settings.
- Click on Applications and Websites.
- At the bottom of the page click on the Edit Settings button next to Instant Personalization Pilot Program.
- Uncheck the box at the bottom that says, Allow select partners to instantly personalize their features with my public information when I first arrive on their websites.â€
Why would you bother? Every time you log into Facebook and then surf the web, Facebook is sending info about you to partner sitesâ€ allowing them to use your personal information to customize ads. You may like that, but I personally like to keep my Facebook info private between me and my friends.
Lately Facebook seems to be very willing to open up your information to advertisers, so you have to keep your settings under careful watch if you plan to use Facebook.