In a nice little bit of news for the day, consumers with Nvidia Verde notebooks are in for a driver update. Why is this a big deal? Because the new driver adds more to the “gaming experience” and….will allow for connecting 3D vision ready displays to these notebooks. 3D is ramping up in a LARGE way ever since CES 2010. From televisions to gaming, 3D is the “IT” factor for this year. And, if you can have the ability to add 3D capability with the update of a driver, its definitely news to sing about.
Here are the details straight from Nvidia:
Today we released a new NVIDIA Verde Drivers for notebook PCs: v197.16 (WHQL-certified)
In addition to unlocking amazing new gaming performance, these drivers add support for connecting 3D Vision-Ready displays to your notebook!
Download NVIDIA Verde Driver v197.16 here.
Download 3D Vision CD Kit for Notebooks (including v197.16) here.
Version 197.16 supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs:
• GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, and 300M-series notebook GPUs.
• ION notebook GPUs.
• NVS-series notebook GPUs.
• Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (DirectX 10 or later GPUs).
• Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (DirectX 10 or later GPUs).
New in Version 197.16:
· Adds or improves SLI support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II , Avatar, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Dirt 2, Mass Effect 2, Metro 2033, Napoleon: Total War, Supreme Commander 2, World of Warcraft and more.
· Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129 for new PhysX titles like Dark Void.
· Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 126.96.36.199 (for supported GPUs).
· Increases performance in several PC games from v195.62 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
- Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
- Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
- Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
- Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
- Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
· Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
Verde notebook drivers get over 1 Million downloads each month. Learn more about Verde notebook drivers here.