Dell has announced a new business notebook, the Dell Latitude 13, which it is claiming is, “world’s thinnest 13-inch commercial client laptop”. The Dell Latitude 13 has a 13.3″ screen and is designed with many features that businesses will find worthwhile including “robust” remote management, security features and a virtulization ready design.
While the Dell Latitude 13 isn’t the thinnest notebook out there it does look pretty sleek and reminds us of the Dell Vostro V13, which shares some looks with the Dell Adamo notebook line.
No detailed specs have been released about the Dell Latitude 13 other than the fact that it will work with Citrix and VMware for virtualization and the following details from Dell.
- Comprehensive systems management with support for Broadcom® TruManageâ„¢ technology and Dell ImageDirect service which lets IT create, update and deploy system images 24/7 from a secure online location;
- Virtualization-ready design lets IT cost-effectively deliver a full PC experience to users in non-standard computing environments such as call centers, regional offices and hotels;
- Customized security offerings including solid-state drives (SSD), full disk encryption (FDE), Trusted Platform Module (TPM)¹ control and Computrace software;
- On-the-go connectivity with optional WWAN mobile broadband, Bluetooth and 802.11g/n wireless LAN options help to keep customers connected wherever work takes them; and
- Optional external Blu-ray Discâ„¢ drive or ability to download photos to the 5-in-1 media-card reader.
The Dell Latitude 13 will be available in late February or early March.