Comcast has replaced their free security suite offer from MacAfee with the rival Norton Security Suite. Comcast customers can now download the Norton Security Suite for free by visiting Comcast’s site.
This free Norton Security suite for Comcast customer includes Anti-virus protection (virus scan), Hacker protection (firewall protection), Parental controls, Identity Security and automatic updates. Norton Security from Comcast is available for both Windows and Mac users.
This Norton Security is valued at $160 for home user and at $490 for business users. The difference between the Home version of Norton Security Suite and the Business version offered by Comcast is that the Business edition has Business class security protection and is coming with almost all features of Norton 360.
Here are full features of Norton security suite coming with Comcast home user account.
|Core protection || |
- Protects against viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots, and rootkits
- Stops threats at point of entry with a quiet two-way firewall
|Advance protection || |
- Blocks browser, OS, and application threats; protects against infected Web sites
- Protects against the latest threats with proactive multilayered protection system
|Identity protection || |
- Blocks phishing Web sites and authenticates trusted sites
- Identity Safe securely stores and manages your login and personal information
- Guards against keyloggers with automatic login and form filling
|Networking || |
- Helps secure and monitor your home network
- Automatically secures your PC when connecting to public wireless networks
|PC Tuneup || |
- Finds and fixes problems that slow your computer
- Speeds up the computer’s startup time
- Cleans and repairs Windows registry
- Removes Internet clutter such as cookies and temporary files
|Support || |
- Free email, chat, or phone support
- AutoFix technology will diagnose and fix common problems for you
To get the Norton Security for home user please visit home user security page and to get business Norton security suite please visit business user security page. Advertisement