How to Sync Push Google Calendar(s) to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
Configuring your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad’s calendar by selecting Gmailâ€ in the list of available accounts on your device is a simple way to sync Google Calendars to your device. However, that method only sets up Fetchâ€ calendar syncing, which will only update calendar information every 15 minutes or longer. For nearly instantaneous updating, you’ll want to configure your device to enable push Google Calendars. This guide will show you how to do just that.
Note: This guide is written using an iOS4 device, exact directions may vary on the iPad or devices running older firmware. However, this should still work fine if you are running firmware version 3.0 or later.
Configure Your Account
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.
- Open the Mail, Contacts, Calendars section.
- Click Add Accountâ€¦.
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email field, enter the entire email address with which you sign in to Google Calendar (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Do not enter anything in the Domain field.
- In the Username field, enter the entire email address with which you sign in to Google Calendar (ie: email@example.com).
- Enter your Gmail accounts password in the Password field.
- At the top right of the screen, click the Next button.
- A new Serverâ€ field will appear. In the Server field, enter m.google.com
- At the top right of the screen, click the Next button again.
- On the following screen, ensure that the Calendar switch is toggled to On, then click Save at the top right of the screen.
Choose Which Calendars to Sync
- From any web browser, visit https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect and sign in with the Google Account that you use to sign in to Google Calendar.
- Select the calendars which you’d like to sync to your device, then click the save button.
- Ensure that your settings have been saved.
- Launch the Calendar app on your device.
- At the top right of the screen, tap Calendars.
- Ensure that the calendars which you would like to view are checked off, then click the Done button at the top right to return to the event view.
Congratulations! You’ve now successfully set up your Google Calendars for push on your iDevice. Now your online Google Calendar and your device’s calendar will be perfectly in sync. If you add, delete, or change events through the online Google Calendar, you’ll see the changes reflected almost immediately on your device, and vice-versa!