This morning T-Mobile announced more information on the new G2 Android powered smartphone which will be available for pre-order starting later this month. The G2 is a followup to the first Android phone, the G1, which introduced many users to Google’s mobile operating system.
The new G2 doesn’t have the unique lip that the G1 launched with, but it does bring a few trick to the table including 4G access on T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network.
The T-Mobile G2 has the following Specs:
- A large 3.7-inch screen with a unique hinge design that opens to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard.
- The Snapdragonâ„¢ MSM7230 mobile processor, which combines Qualcomm’s new HSPA+ capabilities and second generation applications processor. The Snapdragon MSM7230 offers an 800M MHz CPU.
- Seven customizable home screen panels, including a dedicated panel with one-click access to your favorite Google applications.
- Dedicated Quick Keys for one-touch access to your favorite Google shortcuts and applications.
- An HD video camera for recording crystal-clear, high-definition (720p) videos that can be automatically uploaded to your Photobucket account.
- A 5-megapixel camera with LED flash and autofocus.
- 4GB internal memory
- A pre-installed 8 GB microSD memory card with support for up to 32 GB.
According to T-Mobile, the Snapdragon processor in the G2 is, “optimized to deliver exceptional performance, long battery life, leading edge multimedia and web browsing.
The smartphone will include Flash support, pinch and zoom functionality in the web browser, built in Bluetooth support, a 3.5mm headset jack and the Swype keyboard for on screen input.
Interested users can sign up for T-Mobile G2 updates at the T-Mobile G2 landing page.