Sony VAIOs have gone color with their new VAIO E series notebooks. And when we say color, we mean color.
The notebooks come in Caribbean Green, Iridescent Blue, Coconut White, Hibiscus Pink and Lava Black — and three matte colors — Maple Brown, Silver White and Gunmetal. There are also subtle patterns within the colors, to give it that designer touch.
Aside from the chic new exterior, the new VAIO E series has some other interesting features under the hood:
- Intel Core i5 processor
- Up to 500GB hard drives
- Up to 8GB RAM
- eSATA/USB port, plus 3 additional USB ports
- HDMI outputs to plug into HDTVs
- Keyboard with number pad built in
- Webcam and microphone
- Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11/b/g/n
- Integrated Stereo A2DP Bluetooth® technology (2.1 + EDR)
- SD slot, Memory stick slot
- Optional Blue Ray ROM
- Optional 15.5 widescreen display
- Lithium-ion battery
- Energy Star 5.0 rated
The VAIO E Series notebook will retail for about $700. It is available for pre-orders today online at Sony Style. It will also be sold at Sony Style stores and at other major retailers around the country starting next month.