One of the large pavilions here at CES is called the iLounge. And, as you can guess from the name, its al things Apple and Mac related. And, since I am one of the resident Macheads here at Notebooks.com, I thought I should go take a look and see what was there.
First note: This is the place where I have seen EVERY conceivable kind of iPhone/iPod case ever made. If you can think of it, its probably here somewhere.
There are also more accessories for iPhone and iPod than even I was aware existed. I wound up wandering the pavilion with Josh S and we were both astonished at what we saw. But, a lot of these devices could be used for more than just Mac related devices. The stands, cases, accessories I saw will work on Windows machines as well.
I was also doing my BagLady thing and looking at all the backpacks, laptop sleeves, gadget cases I could find. Its the whole girl and her bag thing. We always want to find the perfect one. I am walking away from CES with a few vendor samples myself. You’ll see the reviews up here and over at GottaBeMobile.com.
A quick hit list of interesting things I saw:
- A bamboo laptop cooling pad and lapdesk from Macally
- A handcranking recharger for iPhone from Yogen
- Gelaskins skins for all types of hardware, even my G1. They just got a deal from Marvel Comics and Nation Geographic to be able to use their images.
- A laptop case from Be.Ez that uses memory foam to decrease the impact to your laptop in transit
- The Blue Lounge Cool Feet that Josh posted about
- A TV hat, yes, hat. Josh has photos.
There is a lot more to mention, but that will have to wait until after I get the review units in.
But, I heart the iLounge. Part of me wishes that Apple could have been here, but they are prepping for their press event later this month.