Acer is rolled out a new group of Acer TravelMate Timeline notebooks aimed at professional users and businesses. These new notebooks come with business ready features including drive protection, numerous ports, and other features which will help these notebooks stand up to the rigors of business life.
The Acer TravelMate Timeline notebooks include four models, which range in price from $799 to $1,049.
- 14″ TravelMate Timeline 8473 and 6495
- 15.6″ TravelMate Timeline 8573 and 6595
These notebooks are powered by Intel Core i Sandy Bridge processor options, and the TravelMate Timeline 6495 and 6595 come with Intel vPro and AntiTheft technology to provide additional security. On the graphics side, the TravelMate notebooks use Intel Integrated HD 3000 graphics, which will work for many users, but can be bumped up to higher end options from NVIDIA including NVIDIA Optimus technology for battery savings.
All of the notebooks pack in 8GB of DDR3 RAM and can be configured with up to a 750GB hard drive or a 120GB SSD. You’ll also find a USB 3.0 port to quickly transfer large files to external storage. This port is capable of charging smartphones over USB while your notebook is closed and powered off.
Acer rates the TravelMate Timeline notebooks at 8 hours of battery life, which is likely to drop down to 6 or so hours in real world use. The batteries have PowerSmart technology, which Acer claims will help them last three times longer than traditional laptop batteries that start to hold a shorter charge after a while. The notebooks are equipped with WiFi, Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet and a HD webcam with built in microphone.
The TravelMate notebooks include technology to help them withstand business users, including the following features.
- Magnesium-Aluminum Case – For enhanced durability without added weight.
- Acer DustDefender technology – Helps your laptop run cooler by keeping dust from clogging fans and filters.
- Spill Resistant Keyboard – Gaps in the frame and keyboard allow liquid to pass through without damage, in small amounts.
- DASP (Disk Anti-Shock Protection) – Soft mounted hard drive to provide a cushion, which protects the drive in case of a fall.
- Acer ProDock – Optional dock which includes USB 2.0 and 3.0, Display Port, DVI, HDMI and VGA.
- Up to a 3 Year Warranty – Businesses can extend the warranty to 3 years, to meet the longer life cycle required in a business environment.
- TravelMate Timeline 8573 and 8473 – starts at $799
- TravelMate Timeline 6595 – $999 and $1,049
- TravelMate Timeline 6495 – $999