The new MacBook Air models have just arrived, but we are already seeing some amazing deals on the last gen MacBook Air models from the Apple Refurb store.
The MacBook Air starts at $999 new for the 11.6″ and $1,299 for the 13.3″ MacBook. The refurbished store is selling the October 2010 models at deep discounts.
- 11.6″ MacBook Air 1.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 64GB SSD – $749
- 11.6″ MacBook Air 1.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 128GB SSD – $949
- 11.6″ MacBook Air 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM 128GB SSD – $1,049
- 13.3″ MacBook Air 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 128GB SSD – $999
- 13.3″ MacBook Air 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 256GB SSD – $1,249
- 13.3″ MacBook Air 2.13GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM 256GB SSD – $1,399
These refurbished MacBook Air models don’t have the new Thunderbolt port, backlit keyboard or the latest intel Core i processors, but they are significantly cheaper. The refurbished models still offer a decent value for budget minded shoppers, and are put through a rigorous test before they are sold. Unlike some refurbished units, these will not have any cosmetic blemishes. Refurbished Mac notebooks come with a full one year Apple warranty.
Depending on what you need, these older models are a much better bang for your buck. As someone who really wants the power of the new Intel processors and the backlit keyboard it would be hard for me to purchase the old models, but for my sister who wants a Mac, and doesn’t have a lot of cash, these deals are perfect.