Today, Toshiba introduced the Satellite T200 series of ultrathin laptops. According to Toshiba, the T200 series offers “a sleek and stylish look, a comfort-driven design and performance geared for everyday mobility at mainstream price points.” The 13.3-inch Satellite T235 and compact 11.6-inch Satellite T215 will be available on June 20th.
The T200 series features a completely new industrial design. The laptops feature Toshiba’s dual-tone Fusion Chrome finish. The outer cover is available in a red, white, or black patterned design. The laptops feature a silver interior with a matte textured finish and chrome trim.
Other features include:
- Full-sized raised tile keyboard
- Wide TouchPad
- LED-Backlit TruBrite HD widescreen Displays
- Intel and AMD processor options (AMD Neo processors come with ATI graphics)
- HDMI ports
- Built-in Webcams
- USB Sleep-and-Charge
- Hard Drive Impact Sensors
- Toshiba Media Controller
- Bulletin Board
- Only an inch thin
- Weight of less than 4 pounds
Being touted as a powerful alternative to a netbook, the T215 is more portable than other affordable notebooks, but more feature-rich than many low-priced netbooks. The 11.6″ display and larger keyboard will please those who find netbooks to be too small for comfortable viewing or typing.
- 11.6-inch LED-Backlit TruBrite HD widescreen display
- AMD Athlon II Neo Single or Dual-core processor
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- Up to 320GB HDD
- ATI integrated graphics
- 3.3 pounds
The Toshiba Satellite T235 weighs in at less than four pounds and has a larger display than the T215. It is available with a selection of AMD and Intel processors.
- 13.3-inch LED-Backlit TruBrite HD widescreen display
- Choice of AMD Athlon II Neo, Turion II Neo, or Intel Pentium Dual-Core processors
- Up to 4GB DDR3 RAM
- Up to 320GB HDD
- 3.9 pounds
The Satellite T200 series start at $469.99 and will be available on June 20th at major retailers, e-tailers, and toshibadirect.com. More information these laptops can be found at laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/satellite/T200.