Hello, my name is Amy and I am a CES newbie. I have never been fortunate enough to make it out to CES for one reason or another. I usually was a supporting person back at home doing things like making sure the servers are working, coordinating schedules, or just drooling over the new technology released.
Well, this time I am here on the front lines and all I can say is WOW.
Here are some quick thoughts after my first day–
On Vegas itself:
- The time zone change from EST to PST can mess with your time orientation.
- Its weird not being near water (I live in Florida on a lake).
- The Las Vegas strip is just what it looks like on all those ads and tv shows, even CSI.
- Vegas really doesnt sleep. And the people are wild.
- You can walk everywhere, if you wear REALLY good shoes and have a map.
On CES- unofficial day one:
- Yes, even professionals can mess up a registration form.
- No matter what network you are on (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc) your coverage is going to be challenging. Calls will be dropped. I recommend texting.
- You will know within 1-2 hours if you brought everything you need..and more than likely will have to go buy something.
- Bringing the right bag is essential to carry everything, or else your shoulders will pay a price.
- <fangirl> Its soooo cool to run into fellow news people and bloggers whose work you have read for years and years (Like Matt Miller (aka palmsolo) and Kevin Tofel.) </fangirl>
I can’t wait until the show gets fully underway to see what happens next.