Lenovo has announced the ThinkPad L Series of business class notebooks. These new notebooks, the 14″ ThinkPad L412 and the 15″ ThinkPad L512, are perfect for business, government and education notebook users looking for a green notebook that doesn’t sacrifice build quality or computing power.
The ThinkPad L series notebooks combine the latest Intel Core processors and military spec’d ruggedness with a green focus to offer compelling value. When it comes to being green, the ThinkPad L series offer Energy Star and Epeat compliance as well as green packaging, a green power manager (to let users monitor energy usage) and include up to 30% post consumer recycled plastic. We’ve seen consumer level netbooks like the Sony Vaio W Eco Series made with large amounts of recycled material; but this is the greenest enterprise level notebook to ship from Lenovo.
You can see from the image below several of the components made with post consumer recycled plastic including the; LCD cover, palm rests and top/bottom case. This plastic comes from office water jugs and old IT equipment. According to Lenovo, the ThinkPad L512 contains the highest amount of post consumer content in a laptop, topping out at 18%.
We designed the new L Series to give users the most important features for being productive like cutting-edge processing performance, long battery life and a VoIP-optimized design without sacrificing the reliability and durability ThinkPad is known for.â€ said, Dilip Bhatia, executive director of ThinkPad Product Marketing at Lenovo, describing the features business and government users demand in a Lenovo press release.
The new ThinkPad L412 and ThinkPad l512 notebooks will ship in mid-May and start at approximately $649 through Lenovo.
Detailed ThinkPad L Series Specs:
- Choices of the latest Intel Core i3 and i5 processors with Turbo Boost and Hyperthreading technology
- 16:9 HD antiglare LED backlit displays on the 14-inch L412 and 15-inch L512
- Choices of Intel integrated or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145 graphics w/ 512MB RAM
- Up to 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
- Up to 500GB 5400 RPM hard drive (with active protection)
- 3G/4G wireless connectivity options with Gobi 2000 module support for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon
- Multitouch touchpads with ThinkPad UltraNav TrackPoint
- Up to 8 hours of battery life
- Expansion with 4 USB ports/1 powered, combo eSATA/USB port, support for DisplayPort and VGA
- Windows 7 with Lenovo Enhanced Experience featuring up to 57% faster bootup and shutdown time
- Spill resistant keyboard
- HD digital microphone combo jack
- Low light sensitive webcam (1600 x 1200 resolution)
- Expresscard 34 slot
- 7-in-1 Card reader
- 12.7 mm Multiburner or DVD ROM
- 4,6 or 9 cell battery
The ThinkPad L412 weighs 5.22 pounds with the 6 cell battery and the ThinkPad L512 weighs 5.76 pounds.