Hold on to your pants, and grab a laptop cooler, Origin has delivered a gaming notebook with an incredible 4.5GHz overclocked Sandy Bridge Intel Core i7 Extreme processor. This gaming notebook has pretty much anything you could ask for, but doesn’t come cheap. The Origin EON17-S will run $10,000 at the maxed out configuration when it arrives in May.
The Origin EON17-S is powered by the already speedy 2nd Gen Intel Core i7-2920XM Quad Core processor which has been factory overclocked to 4.5GHz so that you can get your gaming on without worrying about running short on power. The system also brings along 32GB RAM, dual 480GB SSDs and a 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M GPU to deliver a showstopping notebook.
Don’t have the price of a new Kia to spare on your gaming notebook? Well, you can get the Entry Level EON17-S for $1,800. The 4.5GHz overclocked processor and 16GB of RAM will keep you at a more manageable $3,000 price tag.
The EON 17-S weighs in at 8.6 pounds and has a 17.3″ Full HD display to enjoy your games. The notebook can also output audio up to 7.1 surround sound wi
Origin EON17-S Press Release
ORIGIN EON17-S Laptops Overclocked up to 4.5GHz with Turbo Boost Available Now
The Highest Mobile Processor Clock Speed in the World
Miami, FL – April 25, 2011 – ORIGIN PC announced today the availability of overclocked processors in the EON17-S. Featuring 2nd generation INTEL “Sandybridge” processors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M graphics cards, the laptops are the most powerful ORIGIN laptops available with mobile processors.
The EON17-S laptops have updated B3 stepping motherboards and feature overclocking and Turbo Boost technology allowing ORIGIN engineers to successfully increase the speed and power of the processor without impacting system stability or longevity. EON17-S laptops with overclocking are fully covered by ORIGIN’s unsurpassed warranty featuring free part replacement, free shipping, and free lifetime support.
EON17-S Features and Technology:
• 17.3 Full HD Widescreen, LED Backlit, 16.9, 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
• Customizable ORIGIN top cover
• 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 Processors
• Overclocking up to 4.5GHz with Turbo Boost on Core i7 Extreme Edition processors
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1.5GB or GTX485M 2GB
• FOUR Memory Slots for up to 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333Mhz or 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
• Bluray burner & reader, Hybrid and SSD drive with RAID options
• Full size keyboard with numeric pad
• HDMI Out; Optical Digital Out, up to 7.1 HD Audio with THX TruStudio support
• Built-In 802.11n & Bluetooth Support
• Bluetooth 3.0 & Wireless Video options
• Built-In TVtuner support
• Built-in USB 3.0 & E-SATA ports
• (W)16.22″ x (D)10.87″ x (H)1.65″ – 1.79”
• 8.6 lbs with the battery
“The EON17-S laptops are remarkably portable and with 2nd generation Intel processors overclocked to 4.5GHz, they are the fastest ORIGIN laptops ever built on an Intel mobile platform” said Kevin Wasielewski ORIGIN CEO and co-founder.
ORIGIN systems feature a 1 to 3 year free shipping and free part replacement warranty backed with the best in class integration, quality testing and support. ORIGIN offers a free life-time phone and online service guarantee and each customer has a dedicated support team and free life-time labor for upgrade needs.