At CES, you never know what you are going to see next. The big names always have something new to announce. This time, its Toshiba.
Toshiba wants to be your everything– your home multimedia destination. And, there is a good chance they will succeed with their new Cell TV.
Here are the details:
- Converts 2D into 3D for everything– television, Internet video, photos, DVDs and video games
- Converts in real time
- 8 core processors, 3.2ghz
- Built in wireless HD (no cables to trip over)
- Built in wireless 802.11n- multi room
- USB movie playback and store
- Net TV channels (like Hulu, Pandora, etc)
- Video phone
- 1 TB hard drive
- DVD player
- RF remote controller
I think the only thing that is missing is a set of Ginzu steak knives.
But seriously, Toshiba wants to be everything to the home consumer this year. They want to “create an emotional bond” with their consumers. LCD purchases are on the rise with over 34 million expected to be bought in 2010. Toshiba wants to be the vendor that is recommended when someone asks “I need a new television and I want the best, who should I get?”
Toshiba’s marketing line is “Leading Innovation”. Well, with the Cell TV, they are WAY ahead of the pack.