Apple has pushed out a new version of Safari, with improvements to performance and stability.
Get the Safari 5.1.4 update through the OS X Software Update tool found under the Apple Menu in the upper left of your screen. If you run Windows or you prefer to manually update your Macs, you can download the update from Apple’s update site.
Read the full update information below:
Safari 5.1.4 contains improvements to performance, stability, compatibility, and security, including changes that:
- Improve responsiveness when typing into the search field after changing network configurations or with an intermittent network connection
- Address an issue that could cause webpages to flash white when switching between Safari windows
- Address issues that prevented printing U.S. Postal Service shipping labels and embedded PDFs
- Preserve links in PDFs saved from webpages
- Fix an issue that could make Flash content appear incomplete after using gesture zooming
- Fix an issue that could cause the screen to dim while watching HTML5 video
- Improve stability, compatibility and startup time when using extensions
- Allow cookies set during regular browsing to be available after using Private Browsing
- Fix an issue that could cause some data to be left behind after pressing the “Remove All Website Data” button
For detailed information on this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5142
For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222