Best Buy is offering the HP G72-C55DX notebook for sale this week at $499. The HP G72 notebook is a 17.3″ desktop replacement notebook that is part of the new HP G Series, a new addition to the HP Pavilion line of notebooks that are budget priced, but coupled with a better than average design.
HP G72-C55DX Quick Specs:
The HP G72-C55DX is powered by a 2.0GHz Intel Pentium P6100 processor, 4GB RAM and has a 500GB hard drive. The 17.3″ display has a 1600×900 resolution which is powered by the integrated Intel graphics. The G72-C55DX has a SD card reader, wireless support, a built in webcam and a dual layer DVD RW drive.
What can the G72-C55DX Handle?
The specs aren’t the most modern, but the dual core processor should be able to handle the office and web needs of most home users. This system is best suited for watching videos and viewing photos, but in a pinch it could handle editing a short clip for YouTube or touching up a photo. If you need to create HD videos, or want to play games, you should look at a higher end notebook.
HP G72-C55DX Build Quality:
The HP G72 notebooks are designed to handle the abuses of home and student users, though at over 6 pounds this notebook will more likely spend more time on your desk than in your bag. Overall, the build quality on the HP G72-C55DX will be above the average found on most similar priced notebook, but less than you’ll find on high end notebooks.
HP G72-C55DX Video Overview:
HP G72-C55DX Gallery:
HP G72-C55DX Specs:
- 2.0GHz Intel® Pentium® processor P6100
- 4GB DDR3 memory - expandable to 8GB.
- Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
- 17.3″ LED high-definition display – 1600×900 resolution
- 500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
- Intel® HD graphics
- Built-in webcam and microphone
- 5-in-1 digital media reader
- 3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
- Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
- Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN
- Weighs 6.6 lbs. and measures just 1.5″ thin
- Long battery life up to 5 hours
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system