The MacBook Air is a nice computer and deserves a nice case to protect it. Waterfield Designs is set to release their Laptop SleeveCase designed to fit the new 11.6” and 13.3” MacBook Air on December 7th with pre-orders being taken now. We were sent a review unit to show you what to expect. Should you pre-order this case for your MacBook Air? In a word, yes!
The Laptop SleeveCase from Waterfield Designs is made of a very durable black ballistic nylon cover over a neoprene inner lining. The bottom has a beautiful deep brown leather that feels nice while carrying the case. The sleeve case comes in a few different options and sizes. It fits laptops from manufacturers like Acer, Asus, Alienware, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, Sony and Toshiba. If you have a notebook that is anywhere from eight inches all the way up to eighteen inches, they have a Laptop SleeveCase that will fit. The Laptop SleeveCase we are reviewing is specifically fitted for MacBook Air.
There are a lot of options available for the SleeveCase:
- With or without a flap,
- With the opening along the long horizontal edge or the shorter vertical edge,
- D-rings on each side of the opening or not,
- There are two shoulder straps to pick from, if you choose the D-Rings. One has more padding than the other and is called the suspension strap.
- Also the bottom leather edge can either be Lead Indium, Leather or forgo it entirely so the entire case is the strong nylon ballistic material.
- Finally, you can add a Piggyback, which is a pouch that connects to the D-rings and holds the peripherals you might want to carry like a mouse, headphones, your charger or other items.
The Laptop SleeveCase for the MacBook Air is the finest sleeve case I have ever used, just as the MacBook Air is the best laptop I’ve ever used. The computer fits perfectly and slides in and out nicely. The nylon is very strong and just looks and feels great. The inner neoprene lining is smooth and won’t scratch the computer. Like the MacBook Air it is an elegant case. It feels like it will hold up for a long time. Waterfield Designs makes some of the nicest cases we’ve ever used and it is hard to come up with with a negative about this specific case. While they cost more than other cases, you get what you pay for with Waterfield Designs.
With all the options available we recommend a few things. Get the leather trim and the flap. The leather adds an elegance and feels very nice while you carry the case around and the flap protects the computer if there is bad weather. And also get the D-rings and Piggyback. You don’t have to carry it around with the case all the time, but it is a nice option if you need the extra storage space on occasion. And if you get the D-rings, you might as well add the suspension shoulder strap. This will add some expense. Configured the way we recommend it would be $113 instead of $39 for the base case with no add-ons. Our review unit was $64 as configured.
- Excellent Quality
- Fits perfectly
- Looks beautiful
- Attention to detail
- A fitted case for nearly any size laptop imaginable