This week in notebooks and gadgets we saw several reviews, some new ASUS business notebooks and a collection of Android devices hit the market including the Droid 2 and the Dell Streak. Android also received Voice Actions and Chrome to Phone to up the competition between Google and Apple handsets.
We also added the Laptop Finder tool which will help you find a laptop that suites your needs from a wide collection of manufacturers and retailers. You can access the Laptop Finder in the header above or by clicking Laptop Finder.
Highlights from Notebooks.com:
- College Students Want Better Laptop Audio, Willing to Pay – On average students willing to pay over $100 for better audio.
- HP ProBook 4520s Review: Good Business Class Notebook for Daily Use – Review of this business class notebook from Kevin Purcell.
- Otterbox iPad Commuter Series Case Review – Josh Reviews an iPad case designed to offer more protection than most.
- Which Notebooks are the Most and Least Reliable According to IT Pros – The people you ask for computer help rate the reliability of notebook manufacturers.
- Canon X MARK I MOUSE: The Mouse With a Calculator – It’s a mouse — and a calculator — Genius!
Highlights from GottaBeMobile.com:
- Mirasol threatens to give color e-ink a run for its money – New tech could give color eink displays a run for their ink.
- Support: Another Reason Why Retail Stores Differentiate Apple from the Competition – With control of retail Apple has a leg up on competition by being able to fix problems fast.
- iPad Alternative Lists Prove That Lists are Just Lists – There are a lot of tablets on the market but Warner reminds us that many of these promised tablets may never arrive and offers a warning on choosing an Android tablet.
- Geek Lifestyle is Painful, But I’m Turning it Around – Xavier chronicles his plan for turning around a back problem brought on by being a Geek.
- Microsoft RearType Puts Keys on Back of Slates – Redmond thinks a slate with a hard keyboard on the back may be what the tablet market needs to succeed.
Highlights from our Friends in Tech:
- Android Getting Better – Podcast – JkOnTheRun
- Clear iSpot Review – SlashGear
- Back To School eReaders – Engadget
- Palm patent reveals a handheld computer with removable phone – Liliputing
- Official Shots of the MSI WindPad 100 In – NetBookNews.com